2. Warm-up: Where'd You Go, Bernadette? and other ideas for choosing recent fiction
3. Perusing two sample essays on Johnny Got His Gun
4. Workshopping Essay #1 (Dickinson and Frost):
- Performing a brief metacognitive on one of the two poems from Essay #1, then sharing ideas for specific points of comparison and contrast.
- Perusing the official rubric and a few sample essays
- Assessing each other's essays
- Assigning a grade range
5. If time allows, give me your worst and best (multiple choice sections)
HW: Finish your critical review proposal to hand in tomorrow at the beginning of class. Also, start reading The Stranger (our first Socratic seminar will be next Wednesday and will cover Part 1).