2. Warm-up: When The Stranger was first published in English, the title was translated as The Outsider.
- Is there a difference between a stranger and an outsider? Perform a brief freewrite on each title and consider why the translation was later changed to The Stranger.
- Based on what you know of our narrator, Mersault, so far, is he more accurately described as a "stranger" or an "outsider"?
3. Socratic Seminar #1: The Stranger, Part 1: Chapters 1-3
1. Finish Part 1 of The Stranger for TOMORROW. Annotate as usual, but no reading ticket required.
2. Read Part 2 (Chapters 1-3) for Friday's Socratic seminar.
3. Read your critical review book.