Focus: Refining your big question into the start of something beautiful...the culminating essay
1. Announcements! Also, if you have not signed up for a conference, you currently have a zero in the gradebook because this assignment has been posted for a week. Remember that you cannot receive an A in the class if you have a zero in the gradebook, but if you fix it today, I will give you a 1 out of 2 instead of a 0.
2. Finishing poetry project presentations (Jesse and Kara)
3. Perusing culminating essays to gather ideas
4. Venturing to the C-22 computer lab to begin drafting our questions
1. Unless you want a permanent zero in the gradebook and to take yourself out of contention for an A in the class, sign up for a conference. This will be your last reminder.
2. Continue working on your formal question and book list for your culminating essay; DRAFT DUE FRIDAY VIA E-MAIL OR GOOGLE DOCS.
3. Book club reading and syllabus (first meeting is this Wednesday).
4. You will have a timed writing tomorrow; I would recommend rereading "If It's Square, It's a Sonnet" tonight in How To Read Literature Like a Professor to prepare yourself.