Focus: Preparing scenes from Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Culminating essays are now due Monday, April 29 (this will be the final extension).
2. A reminder: Make sure you have performed an analytical reading of your scene and discussed it thoroughly with your group. This part should take at least 20 minutes.
3. Continue preparing your scenes...
a. Perform an analytical reading of your scene. In other words, don't worry about how to perform it quite yet; instead, think of how to analyze it, interpreting...
- Elements of the Absurd
- Extended metaphors and motifs
- Larger themes
- Staging (entrances, exits, movement)
- Costumes & props
- Making SYMBOLIC choices
- How to pronounce words, when to take pauses, when to shout, when to whisper, etc.
1. Continue working on culminating essay.
2. If you are revising your critical essay or poetry essay, please do so by the end of April.
Friday, April 19, Monday, April 22 and Tuesday, April 23: Preparation days
Wednesday, April 24: Acting Co #1
Thursday, April 25: Acting Co #2
Friday, April 26: Acting Co #3
Monday, April 29: Acting Co #4
Tuesday, April 30: Acting Co #5
Wednesday, May 1: Tuesday Writing on Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead