2. Warm-up: Applause-worthy close readings (performed by you). Click here to see them.
3. Return essays and discuss revisions:
- Focus on one portion only (a single paragraph, or even a single close reading).
- Staple it to your original essay with my comments.
- Due Friday, Dec. 7.
4. Practicing prose analysis: Ellison's catalogs and returning to a multiple choice passage from ages hence
HW: Complete your Invisible Man reading assignment by Friday; for your reading ticket, find one passage that serves as a variation of an earlier scene and type the following:
- The original scene
- The variation
- A one-paragraph analysis of how the second scene is a variation of the first and Ellison's possible purpose in offering this variation. Feel free to ask questions, too.