Focus: Putting together Beloved's fragmented pieces of narrative
1. Announcements! And a throwback literary crossword for your enjoyment...
2. Wrapping up yesterday's poetry activity
Select ONE of yesterday's poems and brainstorm how reading the other James Wright poems has shed a little light on the poem you have selected. In other words, how does the poem open up a little when you read it as part of a collection? A few sentences will suffice.
3. Socratic seminar: Beloved, Chapters 16-through Part 2, 1st half of Chapter 1
1. Finalize your poem for your project/paper; make sure you have an easily accessible copy of it for tomorrow's metacognitive writing. We will meet in the library computer lab tomorrow.
2. Start preparing for Friday's Socratic on Beloved, which will cover the 2nd half of Chapter 1 through Chapter 5 in Part 2. Continue working on your timeline, which will be due when you finish Part 2.