Focus: Analyzing the characters of Beloved
1. Announcements! Anybody else going to college? Cake for the winners!
2. Quick character focus groups:
What does this character think he/she/it wants?
What is pulling this character apart? In other words, what internal conflicts does this character face?
What does this character really want?
3. Socratic seminar: Beloved, Chapters 3-5
A reminder of Socratic seminar expectations:
1. You must have your book, and you should be referencing it frequently.
2. If you are sitting out, you need to be using your time productively for AP Lit (reading, scribing, keeping a conversation chart, etc).
3. You should be participating in the vast majority of seminars; at most, you should only be missing one or two per novel.
4. You should be engaged in the conversation by looking at the person speaking, perusing your book for important passages, and/or jotting down notes.
1. Continue working on your critical review essay; we will edit on Wednesday (final drafts due Friday).
2. Start reading Chapters 6, 7, and 8 for Thursday's Socratic; for your reading ticket, please focus on significant imagery in these chapters. The format of the reading ticket is up to you.