Focus: Revising your timed writings
1. Announcements! Please turn in your Beloved books.
2. Warm-up: Connect the dots
Green = Something you like
Yellow = Something you're slightly iffy about
Red = Something that you need to change
3. Musical chairs editing of yesterday's timed writings:
a. Content (thesis, specific examples, close readings, analysis of the work as a whole)
b. Logical, compelling organization (thesis, topic sentences, transitions, order of body paragraphs)
c. Style (diction, syntax, overall "command")
1. Poetry project proposal is due Monday (link is above website calendar); poetry paper outlines are optional.
2. Projects and papers are due the Monday of TCAP week, which is not so far away....this is one of those very, very few times in AP Lit when you're not reading a novel, so take advantage and get started!